Friday, December 30, 2011

I have been completely lax in my updating of this blog - and a few amazing things have happened - I am determined to update this blog more often - it worked so well as a visual diary during my honours year and now it will be used to organise my thoughts - SO over the last year the following has happened:

- Highly commended in Veolia Environmental Services National Art Award at goulburn gallery 
- finalist in the outback art award - broken hill gallery
- finalist in Waverly art prize
- Finalist in Sculpture in the Vineyards in the hunter Valley where I won the Cessnock Gallery prize - an exhibition with 5 other artists at the gallery. 
- Been awarded a residency at Fraser studios in chippendale through to june  next year!
- Been awarded a matching grant through the city of sydney - you can read all about it here: greatbuckinghamstreetproject.blogspot.com
- Been offered a place at brenda may gallery in waterloo for a emerging artist group show in april next year!
- Been accepted into ACU for a teaching degree in Visual Arts and Religious education

So busy busy - Quitting my job when I get back to work in the new year - My VERY supportive boyfriend has been nothing but lovely about this. 

off to the shops to get him something nice for dinner!

Will post pics as I can

 

No comments:

Post a Comment