Tuesday, June 16, 2009

post review


I am so tired - was ill all last week and didn't take good care of myself on the weekend AND its rainy so i'm trying not to feel lazy.

Review was ok - I felt better with my ideas and presentatio going into it than I did with the mini one with Lynne and Marge. Was intresting to get some feedback from Charles and Michael who were unfamilar with my work. It ultimatly lead to the point of "Now What" - you have all this stuff which is intresting in itself but how is it going to all work together? I've been researching people and looking at Susan Hiller's work - I like the way that she involves people in her work - but as I was thinking about things I realised that I can't really rely on people to do the projects that I have layed out for them - so whats another way?

I'm going to set myself challanges that become my rituals - something that I do everyday and collect the evidence from. I was thinking that every morning I would do the 10 sychronized travel steps, but rather than just taking a photo I give myself a preset challage - draw a picture for every stage. Take a self portrait at every stage and so on, collect an item from each stage ect.

Utimatly I want to end up with boxes and boxes of archived material that is stored within the computer and in storage / archive boxes and books.

- - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment