Monday, April 27, 2009






It's the last week of school holidays - I have been working heaps - unfortunately at my other jobs and not my art - I have slowly worked through all the objects that i dug up at dads - I've cleaned them all up, bagged them and tagged them there is about 45 in total, i took photos of the objects after they were cleaned but the lighting wasn't the best on a lot of them so I have to do them again today- my computer has been running painfully slow, so that's putting a damper on things - but I think after disk clean ups etc its working better.
As I've been working on cleaning and labeling the objects I've been increasingly concerned about how i want to ultimately present the works in the end - I was looking on the Internet and found that you could get photo books published that you do your own layout etc and they print and bind it for you - I was thinking that this would be a great way to show all the different groups of objects - and their relationship to each other - TARGET PHOTOBOOKS I had a look at a few sites that offer this service but the target one was pretty good price wise - and i can go and pick it up at Broadway which saves $$$ for PnH. I was also thinking to make a CD rom to go with it with basically the same info in the book - probably done in flash - As for the physical lay out - I've been looking at storage devices and I keep on coming back to the idea of a entomologist kit with the dividers - I would love the idea of big plan drawers made of rich mahogany - i think i have to work with my budget and my time limitations. I keep on thinking of that guy at the MCA who got homeless peoples signs and displayed them on a big table and under a big glass box - bringing it back to the museum theme of collections. and such and such

No comments:

Post a Comment