Monday, May 11, 2009

SYNCHRONIZED TRAVEL update

I'm ill today with the flu so i thought it might be a good chance to catch up with blogs and adress a few things that have been floating around- the Drum Media Ad didn't give me the huge swell of numbers that i naively thought it would - but in spite of that I've had 9 people upload their photos and a few people like Ryan and Rob who have done them and need to upload them so its on is way.

I was looking at creating maps from them - drawing in my own style - with the photocopy transfers etc but with the idea of maps and travel, so this morning I'm looking at artists that deal with maps - found this artist on a blog all about maps ;

Val Britton
“Based on road maps of the U.S., routes my father often traveled, and an invented conglomeration, mutation, and fragmentation of those passageways, my works on paper help me piece together the past and make up the parts I cannot know.” From the interview: “I was looking at an old atlas my family had given me, and I discovered that these maps resonated with me and the stories of my father’s travels. Elements of these maps had the potential to be the jumping off points for my images.” At right: constellation #1 (2009), 16"×16½", ink, collage, graphite, and gouache on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment